Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A request - Chicken Pot Pie!!

I don't care whether it's summer spring winter or fall...there is always a time for chicken pot pie! This recipe is seriously so easy and it tastes amazing. I'm a big fan of pepper, so this calls for a lot and it REALLY adds a lot but if you don't like pepper as much, feel free to cut back. I think that is the most important faucet of cooking actually. If you are cooking from a recipe, make it your own! Add more of something you love, and vice versa. Substitue where you see fit.

Chicken Pot Pie

1 (15 oz) package ready made pie dough (comes with 2 crusts) and you can find this in a box next to all the refridgerated rolls and premade cookie dough

1 (10 oz ) package frozen mixed veggies (choose your favorite veggies, but I like corn, peas, carrots, and lima beans)

1 celery stalk, cut in half and diced

1-2 cooked chicken breasts (I use 2 b/c we like a meaty pot pie! I season my chicken with garlic salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil, and wrap in foil. Put in oven at 375 for about 45 min. Let cool, and dice in bite size chunks)

1 10 oz can cream of potato soup
1 10 oz can cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon lawry seasoning salt (or whatever you have!)
1-2 teaspoons black pepper

Line 9 or 10 inch glass pie plate with first crust. Set aside.

In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (dump and stir!)

Pour filling into pie plate

Top with the second crust. Make a few slits in the top crust to vent and bake at 375 for about an hour or until golden brown. Watch closely. If pie edges start to brown too fast, cover with foil. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.

***I always put my pie plate on a foil covered cookie sheet in case some of the filling starts dripping out. Don't want that stuff burning in your oven for weeks to come!!


Seriously this pie is great. My man is a big eater and even one piece fills him up for the rest of the night. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shellie and Simon said...

Thanks, Marcie! Can't wait to try it.

Shellie and Simon said...

I did it! It was super easy and very yummy! Thanks, Marcie!