Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BBQ Coca-Cola Shredded Chicken

This is one of the boys' favorites. It's so easy and it's perfect for those days where you don't have a bunch of time.

If you own a crockpot, you've got to try this!!

This feeds about 4 people.

3 skinless boneless chicken breasts
3/4th can of coke
2 lemon slices
1 bottle BBQ sauce (your favorite flavor)
1-2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (if you like things a little spicy)

Dump everything besides the chicken into the crockpot. Stir until mixed together. Leave chicken breasts whole, and submerge into the coke/bbq juice. Cover with tight fitting crockpot lid, and cook on low for 4 hours. I usually stir once or twice and/or turn chicken over during these 4 hours. After 4 hours, take chicken out and shred with 2 forks. Put chicken back and put crockpot on "warm" setting. Let chicken sit for 30-60 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns.

I usually serve mine with tater tots, and corn!

This chicken is also really good leftover the next day. If I know I have a busy week, I will double the recipe and have the boys have it for dinner the next night. They never complain!!

1 comment:

Shellie and Simon said...

I made this one too! My husband is so thrilled that I'm taking an interest in cooking. I used a brown sugar BBQ sauce and it came out a little too sweet, but it was still good and again, very easy! Keep the goods coming!