Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lime, Cilantro, and Garlic Roasted Chicken


So I was so happy with my Blasted Roasted Chicken from last week I decided to do it again this weekend! This time I used the same method, just changed up the spices. I used a whole chicken this time instead of 2 halves and it turned out so moist and delicious. I seriously hate skin, but with this method and these flavors it's not not to eat a bit of it!


Lime Cilantro, and Garlic Roasted Chicken


Basically you want to use the method in the post below for Whole Blasted Chicken. Instead of the spices there, I do the following:



  • Wash/dry the chicken. (Remove innards) Rub all over with a bit of olive oil.

  • Squeeze lime juice all over chicken. Place empty lime remains inside the chicken.

  • Smash 3 garlic cloves, and put inside the chicken.

  • Cut up one cup fresh cilantro and stuff inside the chicken.

  • Cut up 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro and sprinkle onthe top of the chicken.

  • Sprinkle chicken with fresh cracked pepper and coarse salt.

Roast at 450 for 20 minutes and then 400 for an hour! Do not baste! Once chicken is out of the oven, let sit for 15 minutes before carving. Delicioso!



No comments: