Thursday, January 22, 2009


CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE

I saw this gem of a recipe on Food Network a year or so ago while watching Paul Deen. Melvin was drooling so I promised I would make it for him. It turned out fabulous and I have made it for him many times since. I also make it for his family get togethers and people offer to pay me to make it for them! It's that good! I make different designs with the pecans each time. Sometimes I crush half of them, sometimes I leave all of them whole. Do what you like!

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Reserve 3/4 cup apple filling, and set aside.
  3. Spoon remaining apple filling into the crust.
  4. Beat together in large bowl, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs. Pour over pie filling.
  5. Bake for 35 minutes. Cool.
  6. Meanwhile, mix reserved pie filling and caramel topping and heat for 1 minute in a small saucepan.
  7. Spread warm topping evenly over cooked, cooled cheesecake.
  8. Decorate entire edge of cake with the 12 pecan halves, and sprinkle middle of cheesecake with chopped pecans.
  9. Refrigerate, share, and enjoy!

No comments: